Sunday, June 8, 2008

The need to love.

Summer school is not nearly as bad as I expected. Sure, it's tedious and ridiculously annoying sitting in a classroom staring out a window watching responsible kids enjoy their summer, but hey. I've only got 17 more days to go. The classes are small and I feel very comfortable and at ease, especially since a good friend of mine, Kevin Farrar sits by me in both sessions. Lunch leaves something to be desired, but beggars can't be choosers.

The Moon In My Basement played a show Friday night at the Creepy Crawl. There was a decent crowd and quite the interesting variety of bands, ages ranging from 14-50ish I'd say. I'd also say, "Wow. Some 14 year old kids can really shred." There was some confusion about if we were on the bill or not, but everything got straightened out, and we actually made 100 bucks. I didn't do anything with this show, well, minus booking and photography. The sound was pretty bad, which can either be attributed to a sub-par performance or bad sound, or a combination of both. Who really cares...we made 100 bucks.

I went and saw my cousin graduate yesterday, followed by a party back at her house. I ended up spending the night at her boyfriend's place, which sounds weird, but it isn't. We're friends. We played video games until about 2, when Hope called. See, she lives on the same street, and I figured, "What better time than 2 AM to introduce her to Mr. Ryan Potter?" So we hung out with her for a couple hours, jumping on the trampoline, talking, playing Chinese rock paper scissors, you know, the usual. We headed back to his house at 4, and eventually went to bed around 5:30. They woke me up at 8, and I felt remarkably awake. I still am.

I'm a little down, though. I was supposed to go see Mates Of State tonight at the Bluebird, but my show partner for the evening didn't feel like going anymore. The evening improved, however, when my mom brought home I movie I'd been aching to see for awhile, "Lars and the Real Girl." I was going to write a lot about how it affected me and emotions it brought out in me, but I think I'll let you form your own opinion of the film. Seriously, check it out sometime. I haven't seen a movie this good in a long time. Tomorrow night I'm going to see some guy "Hey Chris" speak at an art market. I have no idea what I'm in for, but I think it sounds pretty swell. Till next time.

Christopher Michael Tucker

1 Comments:

Blogger meg said...

hey chris, you were our only friend. and i know this is belated, we love you back.

i used to listen/read his stuff. pretty interesting guy

June 10, 2008 at 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home