Monday, May 19, 2008

For a pessimist, I'm pretty optimistic?

Sure I had to borrow the title of a Paramore song to convey my current feelings, but lately that statement's pretty accurate. Getting toward the end of the school year, I always feel like I'm starting over. Not a lot phases me. For instance, having a pesky popcorn kernel stuck in my teeth distracting and annoying me for 3 hours, that must've affected me, right? Nay! Okay, so maybe a little, but that sentence was certainly amusing. House was on tonight, and I saw a character I really love lose his girlfriend (they didn't break up; she died), partially being his best friend's fault, too. Did that phase me? Negative! My point is, I feel good. I am going to, in fact, fail a few classes, and have to go to summer school a bit, but right now, I don't even care. I'm just glad to start with a clean slate, school-wise, and I feel, life wise. A lot of things happened today that changed my perspective around a whole lot. A couple good conversations, a couple beacons of hope in a world that's been exceptionally dreary for me as of late. This summer and the remainder of this year are promising. Oh, and ignorance apparently is bliss. It's not just an expression. Neat.

Christopher Michael Tucker

"Back To You" by Coconut Records
This is actor Jason Schwartzman's (The Darjeeling Limited, Walk Hard, Marie Antoinette) band. And it's actually really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home