Thursday, May 8, 2008

My moves will be so hot, you'll have to stand under the fan!

Leading off...Stuff like this is always weird. My good friend Amanda Gelso gave me a call this evening. She was outside the Creepy Crawl waiting to get in for the Jeffree Starr/Pink Spiders show. Superfun Yeah Yeah Rocketship was playing too, and apparently kids in the line were talking about him and how he played in some kid's basement. And someone was like, "Yeah, Chris Tucker!" I think it was a girl from my school, but still, I like to hear when my name makes rounds. I always thought it would be awesome if at the end of the day, you got a tape recording of every conversation where your name was mentioned. I guess that might be a lot to sift through for some people, but for self centered folks like myself, it'd be worth it.

Now it's time for new band of the day. I don't know if this will be a constant thing in my blogs, but I feel like doing it today so here goes. Today I'd like to spotlight New York pop punk band Faster Than Fashion. They wear Glamour Kills clothing and only one of them has a beard, but they are still good. They just put out their debut album entitled "Crazy Is The New Cool." Go to their myspace and listen to "Next Year You'll Be So Last Year" and tell me that's not catchy. myspace.com/wearefasterthanfashion

I'll be home this weekend, which makes me really happy, I won't lie. No idea what's in store, except for Saturday is the TMIMB show at the Red Sea. Seeing as how I haven't been to any of the band practices, I'll be sitting this one out, but I think I'll take some pictures. Should be a good time. I'll like to get a little trampoline time, and also finagle some adventuring this weekend. Sunday I'll be stuck with mom, and I'll have to put on my fake face, since I'm pretty mad about all her show nazi-ness, but I'll be okay.

Panic At The Disco is on Letterman tonight. I'm actually looking forward to it. As much as I hated the new album in the start, it's really growing on me. I think I grew to appreciate it a lot after listening to their last album for the first time in quite a while. The hyper, dancey stuff is cool, but I think another album full of tracks like those on "Fever" would wear me out pretty fast. It had the novelty factor then, but enough bands ripped it off, so much so that it really didn't hold my attention for very long. Are people still reading this? Thought not.

Christopher Michael Tucker.

"She's A Handsome Woman" -Panic At The Disco
As performed by the muppets? This has gotta be my pick off "Pretty. Odd." The opening riff draws you in and it's all downhill from there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heatherrr said...

I definitely chuckled to myself when you said that he band is good despite the fact that only one person has a beard. You're a true man of tolerance.

And Ludo will be on Jimmy Kimmel Friday night, since you're talking about bands being on late-night talk shows.

May 8, 2008 at 9:45 PM  
Blogger Amanda Gelso said...

ChrisTucker, we really need to start that zine.

And those girls were strange. No joke.

May 9, 2008 at 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home