Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mediocrity is the killer.

Well it seems Ryne Hambright was correct. The Secret Handshake did have to drop off the rest of their tour because of van trouble. Due to that, and the fact that my mom apparently wasn't going to let me go anyway, it looks like I'll be home tonight.

People really went all out this April Fools'. Seriously, on average, trips between classes, I'd hear a good 3 to 4 kids trying to pull AF jokes. And not good ones either. For instance, the one taco bell pulled in 1996. The restaurant took out a full page ad in the New York Times, claiming they had bought the Liberty Bell and renamed it the "Taco Liberty Bell" in order to reduce the nation's debt.



Last night, the new Death Cab For Cutie album was leaked onto the internet. Or so it seemed. In actuality, there was only one DCFC song on the leaked copy, the single "I Will Possess Your Heart." The rest were songs by German band Velveteen, who sounds a bit similar to Death Cab. Probably my favorite April Fools' Day prank I've heard about in a long time. If I would've checked for a leak last night, I'd sure be feeling salty now. Luckily, I've made it through the day with my dignity in tact.

I actually thought about making this blog into a big essay like I was coming out of the closet. But then I decided it would be really obvious, and stupid, and plus I didn't want to write a bunch. So. Yeah.

I'd kill to be in Columbia tonight. Chiodos is playing there with MxPx, The Color Fred, and Protest The Hero, at the Blue Note, where I went to see Relient K on March 11. I guess I'll have to settle for eating Arby's and watching the Simpsons tonight. The way I see it, that's not too bad of a deal. I'm gonna see if I can't keep up with this blog daily. And I'm gonna do my best to keep it interesting, adding in trivia, anecdotes, jokes or whatever may seem interesting when I'm writing. Feel free to check back daily, that is, if you actually enjoy reading this drivel. Later.

Christopher Michael Tucker.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryne said...

Of course i was right, chris, i'm ryne hambright.


considering ill be seeing switchfoot thursday HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YO!

April 1, 2008 at 6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bahaha

I didn't hear about that death cab thing.. that's great though.

April 2, 2008 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger AE said...

Yeah I forgot about the whole april fools thing.
I would have loved pranking ppl. Not that I would have comed up with good stuff anyway. Haha

April 3, 2008 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger lexidoodleellis said...

haha

at my dads office

they sent a guy ot a horse farm to take soil samples of horse manure lol!
alexis

April 7, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home