Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You've got to go with the motion.

Hello bloggers. Last.fm just reached an agreement with most of the record labels to allow the playing of full tracks via the website. So. The social music revolution continues. You should join up if you haven't already. Well it's day 4 with the haircut I think, and it's not too bad. I miss the bangs, but like I keep saying, just give it a couple weeks. I instinctively reach up to my forehead to brush them out of my eyes at least once a day. Nothing there. But the low maintenance thing is great, and most everyone likes it, so I guess it's a success.

I was thinking today, and I'm really content with the music I listen to. I'm so glad I got exposed to the music I listen to now. I don't even know how to say it. I'm glad I listen to Ben Kweller and not Sean Kingston. I'm glad I listen to Superfun Yeah Yeah Rocketship and not Daft Punk. I smile when people look through my iPod and say "I've never even heard of these people." I was looking through a girl's Zune today and as I called out the names, she was as defensive as a druggie who knows they're caught. "It's not mine! I'm holding it for a friend!" I got a black kid into Every Time I Die the other day. Yeah.

Christopher Michael Tucker.

I pinpointed the song that got my foot in the door of the hardcore scene today: "Reinventing Your Exit" by Underoath. But for song of the day, I'm gonna go with the first hard music that really blew me out of the water...
"Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste" by Norma Jean.
I know most of you will shut this off pretty fast, so if it's any incentive, this song features Josh Scogin now of the Chariot and Aaron Weiss from mewithoutYou. Intrigued? Too bad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

I got a black kid into Every Time I Die the other day. Yeah.


really..

well I'm white, and I'm quite sure you wouldn't be able to get me into them.. haha.



pointless.

January 23, 2008 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Rock music originated from African Americans, you know.

January 24, 2008 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger AE said...

yah i bet I have never heard about 70% of the music in ur ipod.

January 24, 2008 at 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home