Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I've had kisses that make Judas seem sincere.

I'm just going to title these with good and or interesting lyrics now. So hello there, internet. A lot has happened since we last spoke. My dad turned 48 and I saw Juno two more times. I'm actually supposed to see it Friday morning now? Pretty crazy. Gonna break my record of seeing a movie in theatres, previously held by two of the LOTR's and the first Pirates Of The Caribbean movie. Well. Super Bowl's coming up. I've gotta go for the Packers here. How can anyone not like Brett Favre, really? Such a genuinely nice guy, and one of the best quarterbacks ever. You girls bored yet? Okay...

What else to talk about? Music. I've downloaded some goooooood music this week. Really good. I finally got Against Me!'s "New Wave" which really blows anything else they've ever done out of the water. Seriously. Listen to "Thrash Unreal" and tell me I'm wrong. Who just thought of Sullivan? Kudos. I got Tegan and Sara's "The Con" and also "So Jealous." Both really good and really strange. But I love them. Darn Lesbians. Speaking of strange, I bought mewithoutYou's "Brother, Sister." Also great, and the epic closing song rivals and in my opinion almost tops RK's Deathbed. So there's some incentive to pick that up. I got Ted Leo and the Pharmacists' "Living With The Living," a really good politically charged record, complete with a songwith a very simple solution to ending the war: "Bomb. Repeat. Bomb." I love that guy. 38 years old and still getting it done. I also got two Solid State Records releases: Norma Jean's "Redeemer" and the Chariot's "The Fiancee." Both very technical and very well done. Personally I like the Chariot better, Josh Scogin being the former screamer for NJ. Now you know.

You know what's great about music? I'm sure you know some things, but here's something I've been thinking about for the last week or so. Even the most somber of emotions can sound beautiful. I'm sure there's a lot more I've yet to say, but I'm going to leave you with that. Have a nice night...or day.

Christopher Michael Tucker.

Song of the day: "In A Sweater Poorly Knit" by mewithoutYou.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ryne said...

it truly does rival deathbead.

though im not sure i could pick.

January 17, 2008 at 8:59 AM  
Blogger AE said...

yeah I have no idea about some of those artists. Anyhow, I really liked Juno.
Kinda crazy about some stuff but over all I liked their teenage relationship. Very cute. I thought the writers name was.. well..devilish. haha.

January 17, 2008 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger meg said...

sullivan =[

January 18, 2008 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

Mewithoutyou... definitely fantastic..

Juno, not so much, it's good, but seriously it isn't that great. I was expecting better.. WAY better for all the attention it's been getting..

January 18, 2008 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

the packers = awesome.
I was definately upset when they lost.

Music is awesome.

January 24, 2008 at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home