Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I tend to blog about shows a lot.

Since we've last spoken, I've been to three shows. Of Montreal was the 19th. There were so many seemingly gay kids at that show who actually weren't gay. Guys with sparkly makeup and star stickers on their faces. Girls who buried eachother's faces in their boobs. The whole affair was quite a sight to see. MGMT opened, really cool band, check them out. Next was the duo of white rappers known as Grand Buffet. They danced around and shouted out random things like "Drink more water!" and "Who's got a library card?". And of course, the ever popular, "Elmo is a commie pig!" Of Montreal played about 18 songs I think, and we're just great. It was one big dance party as expected. Kevin, the lead singer of Of Montreal surprised me with his outfits. No dresses this time. He did bring out the booty shorts and thigh high fishnets though, much to the delight of the female (and some male) hipsters in attendance. Overall, I met a bunch of kids and just had a really good time. Check out the pictures here. And look for me. It'll be like a game.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/toddowyoung/sets/72157603298696261/

The 23rd was Sleeping With Giants, featuring Cobra Starship, Sherwood, The Rocket Summer, Armor For Sleep, and of course, The Academy Is...(.) Cobra was just really great. And Gabe. Oh Gabe. I liked him in Midtown, but hadn't gotten into Cobra, until now. I'd seen them live before, but this time, they just really won me over. Plus hanging out with Gabe and hearing him sing "Welcome To The Jungle" didn't hurt. They'll be at the Creepy February 1. Looking forward to it. Sherwood played a nice little set, but they really are the odd men out on this tour. It was great chatting it up with Dan and Mikey. See the picture Mikey took with Hope on my myspace. I believe he said the picture would be "so sexual, no one will even believe it happened." We missed the first song or two from TRS because we were busy meeting TAI backstage in their dressing room. That didn't stop us from singing and dancing to Bryce anyway. Well actually, I got scolded for it, but pressed on. What I did catch of Mr. Avary's set was fantastic. When we talked to him later, we talked to him about the spring headlining tour, and he said he wouldn't forget us. We'll see. AFS came on and played their bland songs. I actually had a really good time during their set. I spent a good part of it hanging over by TRS' merch and mockingly singing and dancing. The Academy Is just played a brilliant set. 18 songs spanning both full length albums, and the songs almost sounded better live. It was ridiculous. Also, I can honestly say that even as a heterosexual male, I really enjoyed watching William Beckett strut around. The guy's got terrific stage prescence. What can I say? Anyways, I ran into a bunch of kids I knew, and met some new ones, and sort of signed up to be on the Island Records Street Team. We'll see.

Last night was The Spill Canvas, Meg & Dia, PlayRadioPlay!, and The New Atlantic. This was my first real time seeing TNA live, considering last time, I spent their set talking to the boys and girl from 1997. Another really great band you guys should check out. I know who reads this blog mainly, and I truly believe you girls will enjoy them. Give them a listen (http://www.myspace.com/nineteenninetyseven). Anyways, I enjoyed The New Atlantic, but I went to this show for one reason: Daniel Hunter. Alias: PlayRadioPlay. We were to the side of the stage and his vocals were really quiet, but I still loved it. And it was cool watching the show next to Meg (or was it Dia?). Speaking of Meg & Dia, they were awesome. Acoustic guitar, cowbell, shaker. Instruments not generally used at the Creepy. It was sweet. Oh, and did I mention I'm a sucker for girls in bands? Well I am. I didn't think I liked the Spill Canvas, but apparently I do. How could I not? Sappy love songs with brillant writing. I can't resist. It was a fun show, and it was nice running into some kids and also meeting Dan finally.

Big D and the Kids Table plays at 2 Cents Friday, and I think I might just have to miss it. My grades aren't exactly the bee's knees at the moment. It's a miracle I even got to go last night. But thank God I did. Shows make me keep going. Next is Straylight Run and The Color Fred on the seventh. We'll see if I have anything to blog about between now and then. Until next time, see ya.

Christopher Michael Tucker.

Song of the day: "Bunny Ain't No Kind Of Rider" by Of Montreal.
It's my myspace song.
"I need a lover with soul power.
And you ain't got no soul power."

8 Comments:

Blogger Ryne said...

after that comment about mostly girls reading...

im not sure if i should be offended or commended...
shamed or blamed...
blushed or crushed...


well this didnt turn out as planned.

November 28, 2007 at 6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usually, I'd be really jealous by now about the rocket summer but Mr Bryce Avary's making his way to the UK in January =D


Have fun at straylight run&tcf. Straylight run are amazing live. =]

November 28, 2007 at 11:32 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You seem to have really nice times at shows.

I hope you have a good time on the 7th.

November 30, 2007 at 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GET YOUR GRADES UP SO YOU CAN GO TO FEMME FATALITY AND SUPERFUN YEAH YEAH ROCKETSHIP.

November 30, 2007 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger Jess :]] said...

ahh ! i know it was amazing.
Cobra was freakin' awesome. :]
Sherwood does seem kinda left out-ish. :/
I thought they were great though.
And AAAH IHATE AFS.
Well... dislike.
They are very fun to mock, you're correct about that.
Bryce was off the hizzle. :]


Are you gonna see Sherwood and TRS in the Sprrrring?

December 1, 2007 at 8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went on Flickr to try to look for you. And I saw that picture with that kid in the silver jacket and I knew. And it took me about 3 seconds to see you on the left, making that awkward, puckering face. I have a good feeling I would be good at Where's Waldo right about now. Ha.

December 2, 2007 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger AE said...

fun!!!
so you are a sucker for girls in bands huh? What do you think about superchic[k]?

December 3, 2007 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger lexidoodleellis said...

sounds like fun :]

prp and trs are some of my favsss

as you prolly already know


alexis

December 4, 2007 at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home