Monday, October 22, 2007

Mixed Emotions.

Saturday was Chiodos. The Devil Wears Prada opened and were, you might say...how shall I put this...M374L. They were really fun actually. They don't look or act like a metal band at all. The pit was pretty packed, but I was so crushed, it didn't really matter. Scary Kids Scaring Kids was next, and I was actually really disappointed by them. Basically, by the end of their set, it was basically "play my darkest hour and get off the stage." This was due not only to SKSK sucking, but also because Emery was next. And wow. They played a lot of new songs, but this was probably the most solid set I've seen from them. Devin really came to the forefront as more as a frontman, and impressed me a lot. If you think the vocals on "Can't Stop The Killer" are great on the album, just wait to hear them live. They opened with Rock 'N Rule and closed with Walls. Surprisingly absent from the setlist, was "The Ponytail Parades." But present in the setlist were "Fractions" and "Listening To Freddie Mercury" along with "In A Win, Win Situation." Their set ended and Chiodos began setting up. It was at this point I realized I was getting sick. I had a horrible feeling I was either going to throw up or pass out. Or both. Much to my dismay, I had to leave the pit. Chiodos was amazing, as usual. They played pretty much everything you would expect, plus Craig played 2 acoustic songs at the end: "Lindsay Quit Lollygagging" and "Intensity In Ten Cities." I realized later that I had become dehydrated. I went to bed as soon as I got home.

Sunday, I got up, went to church, came home, and headed down to the Pageant for Brand New. Hope and I got down there around 4 and were some of the first in line. We met up with Allyssa and Emma and chatted with them until it was time for doors to open. We ended up with front row, but cameras weren't allowed in, so I didn't get any shots from the night. Mewithoutyou made me laugh, what with their dancing and accordion playing. Thrice had great lighting, and put on a good show (if you like Thrice). Truthfully, I was a little bored. Brand New played last (duh). They definitely strayed from the setlist I found on absolutepunk. And I'm not complaining. They still played all but one song from The Devil And God, but they included more Deja songs than I expected, adding "Sic Transit" and "Jaws Theme Swimming" to "Okay I Believe You" and "Play Crack The Sky." And I just lost most of you. Oh well. They played "Untitled" for the encore which definitely ended up cooler than I expected. Until Jesse fell. He was backing up and then tripped over a monitor, falling on his back. He kept playing though, and tried (and failed) to make it look intentional. I wanted to give him a hug. I just can't stop thinking about him falling. It was horrible. We waited awhile to see if Jesse and company would come out to take pictures and hang out, but no such luck, at least when we left they still hadn't. We spent the time outside a) running to taco bell to find out that only the drive thru was open; b) talking to random kids outside the venue, including a sweet guy with one hand that let us lean on his car; c) discussing what would happen if Conor Oberst and Adam Lazzara had sex. Obviously, it was late at night. Laugh.

I don't know if it shows that contributed to this, but when I woke up this morning I felt awful. I felt nauseous, my head pounded, and I kept getting chills. My mom apparently thinks this was due to shows, and thus I might miss SoTheySay and Machree this Sunday. I'm going to do everything in my power to go though. Anyways, I was blocked from the computer all day, and couldn't leave the house, and thus ended up very isolated. Isolation is horrible. I hit a really bad place. Even America's Funniest Home Videos depressed me. I laid in my bed being extremely maudlin, and it was just bad. Enough about that. So the good part of my day was spent watching Sesame Street and Walker Texas Ranger and listening to Brand New. I think I took their new album for granted until today. I've been listening to it a lot of the day, and it really is terrific. Well, if you're still reading, I apologize. I wrote a lot. It's healthy though. At least I hope so. That's all for now. See ya.

Christopher Michael Tucker

Song of the day: "You Won't Know" by Brand New.
(myspace.com/brandnew)
It's not on there, so listen to Millstone.

9 Comments:

Blogger meg said...

freddie mercuryyy! yes! that
song has my name in it =D they
sing can't stop the killer? i
didn't think they would. oh man
i'm pumped! i'll tell you about
trs and tai over AIM, unless ryne
already did.

October 22, 2007 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger Ryne said...

yo yo.
when you added that americas funniest videos had no effect i was aware of the intensity of youre sickness.
sorry about the bad day.
they just happen sometimes.
at least the weekend was show packed.
they played with the song about jessica...and ben...and the gang.
i would have had mixed emotions about that.

October 22, 2007 at 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SKSK sucked? Shame, really.
And I can't imagine Emery doing anything other than having an amazing set tbh.
&&I hope yr mum lets you go on Sunday, I'd hate to buy tickets for something then not be able to go.

October 22, 2007 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Sounds like you had a nice show filled weekend. April and I sure did... haha



I hope you're feeling better.

October 23, 2007 at 3:37 AM  
Blogger AE said...

u got sick huh? that sux. At least It was worth it.
I get to see trs and tai on thursday..cant wait!
LOL...sesame street!

October 23, 2007 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

OHHHHHH

Jesse :(

That Made Me Mighty Sad,

Now I Wanna Give Him A Hug, Too.

Adam And Conor..

Hahaha..

Odd.

October 23, 2007 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

haha. yes, my dad is a pastor. so that makes me [like three members of switchfoot] a PK.

October 24, 2007 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger Jess :]] said...

Dude.. America's Funniest Home Video's didn't help?!
Wow, you had it baaaaad. Sounds like some cool shows. That sucks that the guy fell though.
And you're late night discussions are quite amusing. lmao
Feel better. I hope you can go on Sunday.

October 24, 2007 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Amanda Gelso said...

Sorry to hear about your illness.
Hope you feel better.
And, once you get to the point in your show going career where it's almost routine you'll realize where I'm coming from. It becomes so boring you almost feel like not going to shows at all, trust me it will happen. That's when you start depending on the extra something, for me I look for the relativity and passion. It gives you something to look forward to. No matter what I have fun, I'm Amanda Gelso. I get angry, but there are other factors than the upset of a band that I'd rather not share. I do overthink things, but it ends up for the better. It helps you figure out bits and pieces that may relate to you even more. That may, someday, bring you to an epiphany. Don't be so quick to judge Chris Tucker. And maybe start looking a little deeper, you may find out something about yourself.

Long comment, sorry.

October 24, 2007 at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home