Tuesday, October 2, 2007

DanceRawrDance Blog.

Emery's new album came out today and I just remembered! Dang! But that's not what this blog is about. It's about the dance party extravaganza that is The DanceRawrDance tour. Opening night was right here in St. Louis. At the Creepy Crawl of all places! Needless to say, I knew this would be fun.

We showed up way early after hitting none of the traffic Nicole and her dad believed we would. As soon as we got there, we started making friends. I met up with two girls who had added me on myspace after seeing me at other shows, and Nicole found an old friend from elementary school. Mike Judy arrived shortly thereafter and after an awkward hair tousle, we had a nice chat. Hopefully, I'll finally see his new band Machree with SoTheySay towards the end of the month. I soon talked with some kids from other shows and starting conversing with some new ones as well.

Finally, it was time to go in. Michigan Avenue sucked as I knew they would. The Secret Handshake was next. I wasn't a big fan before this show, but Luis completely blew my mind. I'm thinking of getting his CD, and you should check him out if you haven't already. Jonezetta was next. While not really having much stage presence, they still make great music, and do a pretty good job of replicating the sound they convey on the album. I was getting pretty sweaty at this point, what with my intense dancing and all.

Family Force 5 was last. They never disappoint. They did a really solid, energetic set, and everyone left the show drenched in sweat, water, bodily fluids, whatever. Ok, the last one is a stretch, but it could have happened. Everyone stuck around after and I had ample time to chat and take pictures with all the bands. Overall, the show was a little short, but it was still terrific. Too much more dancing, and I might have passed out. Just kidding. I can dance all night. Try me. I danced in the car on the way home after all. Anyways, go to this show. Watch for 2 things:
1. The psycho hose beasts doing whatever possible to get close to the FF5 boys. These chicks are ruthless.
2. The remix of Love Addict played after the show. It was done by Andre of the Silent Film, a great band from Illinois who I've met a few different times. Check them out. Myspace.com/thesilentfilm

That's all for now.

Christopher Michael Tucker.

Song of the day: "Summer of '98" by The Secret Handshake.
(myspace.com/thesecrethandshake)
Prepare to smile and dance uncontrollably. If you don't, you have aids.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen the secret handshake, after seeing self against city and whilst working up the balls to talk to Jack from SAC [ he's really nice ]
The guy didn't have his equipment - keyboard or whatever, I really don't know - 'cause of customs or something so he did it like '50 cent' or someone, haha, to a backing track. But he blew my mind too

October 2, 2007 at 11:00 PM  
Blogger AE said...

woah! Wild. Glad u had fun. 1 more thing....I DON'T HAVE AIDS. I don't think anyway. haha.

October 3, 2007 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yep. Family Force 5 was great when I saw them. I'm glad you had a good time. This one kid was teaching my friend how to like push somebody in a mosh pit. It was so funny.

October 3, 2007 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Ryne said...

there is going to be so much dancing november 13 ill probably be safe and take two pairs of shoes to the show.
i cant freakin wait.

October 3, 2007 at 6:03 PM  
Blogger Mariah R said...

the secret handshake is awesome.
summer of 98 is my personal favorite.
sounds like you had a wild night.
gosh.
that's just so not fair.

October 3, 2007 at 6:25 PM  
Blogger meg said...

i can't wait to dancerawrdance =]

October 3, 2007 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

ff5 is bomb.

October 4, 2007 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger Jess :]] said...

Haha, sounds like you had fun :]

October 7, 2007 at 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home