Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The pen is mightier than the blog.

The Used. Wow. Really one of the better shows I've been to in awhile. Or maybe it's just that's it's been so long since I've been to a show. I mean, it was six days. SIX! I'm already wanting another. After one day. ONE! Nonetheless, the show was really sweet. Good bands, a good pit, just good. The people in line behind us came all the way from Indiana. That's actually not too far, but still, out of state. By the time we finally got in there, the pit was filling up, so we decided to wait on that.

Josephine Collective opened, and the music was good, but the two singers acted like jackasses. Taking of their clothes, throwing mics up in the air (and dropping them), touching themselves, it was ugly. Army Of Me was next. They're good, but shouldn't be on a tour like this. After they finished, we ventured into the pit. We worked our way forward via the pushing game, and then through moshing during the Bled. The Bled. If I could describe them in one word, it would be fun. The music isn't always perfect, but you can tell they play music for the music. Oh, and pretty much, they won me over when the lead singer came out with bubbles and silly string. Then, it was time for the piece de resistance, the (not so) holy grail. THE USED.
Used

No fancy backdrop, no model frontman, just rock 'n roll.
Used

They were great, needless to say. There were some psycho hose beasts trying to mosh and get as close to Bert McCracken's genitals as possible, but even that couldn't ruin it for me.
Used

We went outside and stayed till maybe 1:00, but only Dan came out while we were there. Apparently, Bert, Quinn, and Jeph came out later, but I choose not to think about that. I went to bed around 3.

When I woke up at 6, I found out that my mom was sick, it was too late to catch the bus, and thus, I'd be forced to stay home. Schucks. Man oh man, was I upset. Anyway, today was pretty laid back, and I got just a little extra sleep.

Here's a jumble of information. I made a Flickr account today. I am 16 and I have gray hairs. I once used a line from a Relient K song to tell a girl I wasn't interested in her. That's all for now.

Christopher Michael Tucker.

Song of the day: "Taste Of Ink" by The Used.
(I'm done not repeating bands. Oh, and this song is on my page if you want to listen. And you should. It's a classic.)

3 Comments:

Blogger AE said...

wooow. I would have left! haha crazy stuff! U r way addicted to shows!

September 20, 2007 at 7:20 AM  
Blogger meg said...

i've always wanted to see them. i'm actually not that big of a fan. i've just always thought their shows would be insane!

September 20, 2007 at 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where was this????? my guess is orlando b/c i saw the used there at the house of blues and i remember their clothes lol itd be rad if i was right cuz that show was fucking amazing.. and when bert kissed that little girl on the cheek i almost pissed my pants... if this was a different show sorry for wasting your time =]
-april

May 4, 2008 at 7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home