Monday, September 10, 2007

I am a robot.

Sunday, my pastor was talking about how most people and teenagers especially are becoming really complacent and their lives just become a routine that they don't even think about anymore. I can definitely say this is true of me. It's upsetting. There's not a lot I look forward to in life. Everything is so monotonous. That's when I realize the importance of shows in my life. That really is what breaks it up. Lately, other than that, my social life has been fairly limited. But good news. I have a show tommorow night! A free one, no less. It's Pedro the Lion's David Bazan playing at St. Louis University. It oughtta be a good time. The opening band is Casiotone For The Painfully Alone. While I've never listened to them, if their music is half as good as their name, they'll be my new favorite band. Casiotone is a type of keyboard, for all you n00bs out there.

Not a lot else to tell you guys about right now, not that I can recall at 9:19 PM at least. So here's a list of shows that I'm attending, just to make you jealous.

September 11- David Bazan
September 17- The Used, The Bled, Army Of Me
September 30- Amber Pacific, Monty Are I, Machree, The Lush
October 1- Family Force 5, Jonezetta, The Secret Handshake
October 11- Steel Train, Ace Enders, Socratic, Kevin Devine
October 16- Underoath, Every Time I Die, Poison The Well, Maylene & The Sons of Disaster
October 20- Chiodos, Emery, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, The Devil Wears Prada
October 21- Brand New, Thrice, Mewithoutyou
November 9- Switchfoot, Relient K, Ruth
Novemver 11- Spitalfield, The Forecast, The Graduate, Ludo
November 19- Of Montreal
November 23- The Academy Is…, Armor For Sleep, Sherwood, The Rocket Summer
November 27- The Spill Canvas, Meg & Dia, PlayRadioPlay!, New Atlantic
November 30- Big D And The Kids Table, Whole Wheat Bread, Brain Failure
December 11- Motion City Soundtrack, Mae, Anberlin, Metro Station

That's all for now.

Christopher Michael Tucker.

Song of the day: "I Like Marvel, You Like DC" by Superfun Yeah Yeah Rocketship.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

I Wish I Had Shows To Look Forward To In My Life..

I Usually Don't..

It Stinks.

There's Pretty Much Nothing That I'm Excited For At The Moment.. Except For Learning Guitar And Seeing RK..

Consider Yourself "Lucky"

September 10, 2007 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger AE said...

there are just 2 shows as of now that im looking forward to. I dont really have a routine..except for going to work and now school. I always go to bed at different times and I sometimes randomly decide to go somewhere. sad part is that i always go everywhere by myself.

September 10, 2007 at 7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm jealous.
I've got Motion City Soundtrack in a few days then that's it

September 10, 2007 at 11:22 PM  
Blogger sjaarnaeh said...

Well, You Have Definitely Succeeded In Making Me Jealous. Shows Are Great
And Apart From A Derek Webb One Last Week I have None To Look Forward To Except Maybe Relient K And Switchfoot But Im Still Working On How Im Gonna Get THere.

September 11, 2007 at 3:05 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

yeah, you just made me jealous.

i know, the whole eisley cd is so good!

September 11, 2007 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Amanda Gelso said...

Superfun Yeah Yeah Rocketship?
Ohhh boy.

It's okay.
My life is nothing but shows,
that just makes us cooler.

September 11, 2007 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Hola, random comment! I saw in Jon's blog (and here!) that you're going to the November 9th show in Springfield. I'm planning on flying up to St. Louis that weekend to visit friends (I used to go to Wash U!) and I talked one into agreeing to drive out to Springfield with me, hahaha. Now... I just need to figure out how to get tickets. I called the box office and they said they're selling them through ICTC... and I have no idea how that works!



...um, long story short. How do I get myself some tickets? Any help would be much appreciated... thanks :]

September 11, 2007 at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home