Monday, September 3, 2007

Today was necessary.

I really needed a good day. I'd say today fit the bill. We were going to go to the art museum and the zoo. We didn't go to either. So where did we go, you ask? I think a more approprite question is "Where didn't we go?" We basically just drove around in Amanda Gelso's convertible all day. Odds are, if you live in the St. Louis metro area, we came within 5 minutes of your house. We used over half a tank of gas driving all over Missouri and Illinois, mainly Collinsville. I didn't get to see the world's biggest ketchup bottle, but it was still good. I got to paint my name onto some random bridge, so I guess I'm immortalized. At least until it rains. Plus, I met a lot of kids today. That was cool. We spent like 2 hours in Denny's just playing Apples to Apples. I mean, how hardcore is that? Yeah, today was fun.

Today also reaffirmed my love of being on the road. All we were doing most of the day was driving, but I didn't even care. It was fun. Sure, the tape deck in the Le Baron didn't work and we had to listen to the radio, but it was still good. As long as I have some music, I can be on the road for days. I don't really care if I have to eat sauce packets from Taco Bell for sustenance. It's still totally worth it to me. Call me crazy. Or...if this sort of life appeals to you as well, feel free to join me. I prefer not to travel alone. Well, it was nice chatting with you. I'm glad we're pals.

Christopher Michael Tucker.

Song of the day: "What I Got" by Sublime.

3 Comments:

Blogger AE said...

wooow. thats all I can say as of now!

September 3, 2007 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger sjaarnaeh said...

HaHa,
That Sounds Like A Pretty Fantastic Day! :D

September 4, 2007 at 3:08 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Haha sounds awesome. I love road trips!

September 4, 2007 at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home