Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mayday.

Mayday Parade was just what the doctor ordered. When I don't get shows, I stop living. Not physically of course, but all passion about anything and everything in this life dies. I become a pitiful shell of a person. Criticize that all you want. But not yet. This is the positive blog. Give me a bit so I can write the negative one. Then bring on the criticism.

So moving right along. Mayday was great. Charlemagne opened. They were amusing. I mean that in a negative connotation. Four Year Strong from Massachusetts was next, and they played a cool set. It was their last night on the tour, and during one of the songs Mayday ran out and danced and picked them up on their shoulders. It was quite a sight. Mayday Parade was next. And wow. They were really good. They played all of what I really wanted them to, including 3 songs off the EP. My favorite was "Your Song." It just sounded so good. As I Lay Dying was next and they did terrific as I expected. Alesana, much like Charlemagne, was amusing. The matching outfits, hyper screaming, oh my, was it ever a mess. Well the show finished up and me and Hope went hunting for Mayday, especially Derek, who we found outside after a few minutes of waiting. We took pictures with him and left.

The ride home deserves a seperate paragraph. I rode home in a red, 2007, ford mustang convertible. Top down, of course. As the arch came into sight and we drove across the bridge, Taking Back Sunday blaring in the speakers, I was content with life. Either that, or just numb. Whatever it was, it was wonderful. I needed this show.

I love my aftershow routine. Taco Bell. Looking through pics and videos from the show. The aftershow shower, leaving the x's on my hands fairly unscathed. The clothes smelling of smoke and sweat. They smell like a show. I think that's my favorite smell in the world. I like it more than the smell of gasoline even. Well now that you're weirded out, I'll bring this happy blog to an end. See you in a few.

Christopher Michael Tucker.

Song of the day: "Summer Skin" by Death Cab For Cutie.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since the smoking ban in England, the aftershow smell is just sweat.
But it's still an amazing smell, just for the memories that come with it.
=]

August 29, 2007 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger AE said...

glad u had fun.
LOL...u r weird. but not that weird. all my siblings like the smell of gasoline..so I didnt get that weirded out..but the smell of smoke and sweat...woow!

August 29, 2007 at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home