Saturday, August 25, 2007

Do You Feel?

I love The Rocket Summer. I'm so glad I became accepting enough of pop to try him out. "Do You Feel" makes me really think about how I've felt and lived over the last few months. My life has been mundane and pointless, or so it seemed. I was going around doing stupid stuff and acting ridiculous just trying to feel anything. I mean, it got to the point where even rejection was okay, because it was something definite and real. I used to think I knew what I was doing in this life. Man, I was a funny kid. I'm not really sure where I got that idea, but it was so moronic, I just look back at that and chuckle. I even thought I had girls figured out for awhile . I'll pause and let you stop laughing...Ok. Enough.

Well enough about that. I'm dumb. I think you got that. Last night at the Cardinals game was not that enjoyable. There was an hour and fifteen minute rain delay, we sat around drunken hicks (more than usual anyway), and we lost 7-2. It was pretty ugly. But it was better than being at home, so whatever. And I didn't miss a show to be there. I'm going to my Dad's, leaving in about 11 minutes, so I suppose I should wrap this blog up. I'll leave you with my favorite part of the title track of the new TRS album. It's not quite the same without feeling the passion in his voice, but you'll get the picture.

"I guess my mind wanders off
from time to time
Sometimes I convince myself
that all is fine in the world
It's not mine
Why should I
have to try
to fix things I didn't create or contrive?"

Christopher Michael Tucker.

Song of the day: "F-Stop" by Sullivan.

7 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

I think you are funny. As of now. I seriously really laugh at stuff you say. Not on this blog thou. ;]

I love that album. Im glad this chick got me to like them!
have fun! toodles!

August 25, 2007 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

bahaha. Right after u posted ur bulletin, The rocket summer posted one too! Except they r not talking about u...hey, mayb someday!

August 25, 2007 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger meg said...

do you feel is constantly
play on my ipod. i love it.

August 25, 2007 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger meg said...

constantly playing is what
i ment to say...

August 25, 2007 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger sjaarnaeh said...

Very Good Choice For Song Of The Day!

August 25, 2007 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

good lyrics,

but I still hate the band

August 25, 2007 at 9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry the game wasn't a blast

August 26, 2007 at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home