Wednesday, September 12, 2007

College kid.

I went to see David Bazan of Pedro The Lion/Headphones last night at St. Louis University. It was a free show in this little basement cafe, really intimate, which was nice. Casiotone For The Painfully Alone was pretty good. They make me glad I have a really open mind. Then David Bazan came out. He just walked up on stage all unassuming, which was pretty awesome, I must say. He played for maybe an hour and a half, taking questions in between songs, some of which were serious. Most of them however, were more along the lines of, "Why do you rock so hard?!"
David Bazan at SLU.

I wouldn't say the night was really about rock, though. It was just Dave up there with his guitar. Probably the most chill show I've been to. Nothing wrong with that. I needed a show, and this definitely delivered. Another ride home in the mustang was definitely wwelcome as well. In other news, I'm getting tired of typing the word "definitely." I mess up and type "defintiely" every time.

My mind is blank. See blog titled "I need to take notes." Oh, I know something. I'm going to hopefully interview FUSE VJ Steven Smith for my Journalism class. He hosts Steven's Untitled Rock Show and The Sauce. So if this all works out, my list of connections will grow just a little more. Now I just need to get to work on an entourage. Later.

Christopher Michael Tucker.

Song of the day: "Selling Advertising" by David Bazan.
(You guys should listen to these once in awhile.
Maybe I'll start linking you. Tommorow.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

That Show Sounds Like It Was Awesome.. I Wish I Could've Went, But I Always Wish That Kind Of Thing.. So It's Really No Big Deal.

I Rarely Mess Up Typing 'Definitely' HaHa..

Eeekk That'd Be SOO Cool To Interview Steven Smith!

I LOVE Reading His Articles In AP..

Good Luck With That..

September 12, 2007 at 7:04 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Interviewing Steven would be pretty sweet, hope you get to

and yea, I never listen to your "song of the day" Id rather listen to Galactic Conquest

September 12, 2007 at 11:49 PM  
Blogger sjaarnaeh said...

That Would Be So Cool If You Could Interview Steven! I Love His Show And His Articles In AP :D

September 13, 2007 at 2:56 AM  
Blogger AE said...

glad U enjoyed. SO cool u get to talk to that guy and all. And well if u give us links..maybe i might actually listen to them. haha Im just too lazy to look em up 4 myself.

September 13, 2007 at 6:41 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Neato! How are you gonna interview him?

September 13, 2007 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger sjaarnaeh said...

OH, And I Would Probably Listen To The Song Of The Day If You Linked It...Like Andrea Im Jsut Too Lazy To Look Them Up :)

September 13, 2007 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger meg said...

i saw cool hand luke once &
it was a chill show. it was
cool though. but that brings
back memories because carl
was there. ohhh dear =[

September 13, 2007 at 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home