Monday, September 24, 2007

Skinny mean man. Remind you of anyone?

I'm officially entered in the Family Force Five contest now. The show is in 6 days, and needless to say, I'm stoked. First night off the tour too, which is awesome. Oh, and to those of you asking how we got the angle on the pictures, we were up on top of a jungle gym. Tommorow's the end of the first grading period at school. We have 6 of them. Kind of crazy to think the year's already a sixth of the way over, while a lot of you guys are just starting. I have to turn in some late work to bring a couple grades up and really get down to business at school, otherwise my mom will make me miss shows. Yes. Shows are my only motivation to do well at school.

Maxwell Bemis. Familiarize yourself with this name if you haven't already. He's the lead singer of the band Say Anything, who is quickly becoming one of my favorites. The passionate vocals, the dueling guitars, and Bemis' sharp tongue, wow. This guy can write a song like nobody's business. I love frontmen with mental problems. They're my favorite. Oh man, what a band. I'm so glad I got into them. The new album comes out next month, and I can't wait. They released a new song on their myspace tonight, and I'm listening to it for my seventh time now. I suggest you do the same.

I have direction at the start of my writing, and then I always go off on my soapbox. Oh well. It's a comfy soapbox. I rather like it.

Christopher Michael Tucker

Song of the day: "Skinny Mean Man" by Say Anything.
(myspace.com/sayanything)
After dedicating an entire paragraph to them, you should probably listen. Let me know what you think too. You'll probably hate it. Then I can tell you why you're wrong. Hooray!

3 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

Yeah, I Liked Their New Song Also..

I'm Pretty Sure You Liked It 10 Times More Than Me Since You Basically Went Ballistic About It, And I Have Yet To Have Said Anything Until Now.

Good Luck For The Partying With FF5..

September 24, 2007 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger AE said...

I hate the screamo stuff in the song but the rest is ok.
and the song does remind me of you..the name anyway. haha

September 25, 2007 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger Amanda Gelso said...

I'm sorry Chris Tucker.
I didn't know if you liked Lorene Drive, and that show was kind of last minute anyways.

Oh yeah, I found your Last Night's Vice cd. It was under my seat.

We'll show it up sometime soon.

September 26, 2007 at 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home