Thursday, January 3, 2008

Pterodactyls swarming.

2007 ended well. Over the course of about a week, I had something to do every single day. It started with being with my family a couple days for Christmas. Speaking of which, it went well. I got my new camera, money, CD's, everything I wanted really. Then for about 3 days straight, I hung out with my friend Kyle everyday and basically found myself a whole new circle of friends. Well I had known these kids before, but we just kind of talked at school and didn't really do anything outside. Same with Kyle really. But now, I feel like I could basically call him or any of them up, and be like, "Let's hang out." And we could. One reason this worked out especially well is the fact that Kyle actually has a car. This car.

Probably my favorite winter car, me and Kyle decided (with my favorite summer car being Amanda Gelso's LeBaron convertible). The day after Christmas we took apart his dashboard and put in his new speakers. Then we ended up going over to my friend Kelsey's for a bonfire, which I still need to upload pictures from onto myspace. I unleashed my inner pyro, and some kids learned not to give me the lighter fluid. Dipping sticks into lighter fluid and sticking them in the fire: not smart. Filling up a styrofoam cup with lighter fluid and tossing it in the fire: not smart. Tossing the can of lighter fluid into the fire: not smart. Oh, well. We're teenagers and we're invincible. Duh.
The next day Kyle took apart his door and we ran around with Tom and Kelly and then ended up back at my house eating some pizza. I was planning to go see Ludo and the Hush Sound that night with a friend, but she bailed, so I asked Kyle, since he was already over, I asked him. We got there early and met up with Allyssa and Sarah and some other people I knew from other shows. We ended up second row and I got a good chance to test out my new camera. You can see the shots on my flickr if you want. It was A Very Ludo Christmas. There were snowmen, reindeer, presents, santa, and well quite frankly, it was just a sight to behold. Ludo's always a fun show anyway, but you could tell the sold out Pageant really got them into the performance. We met Ludo and Greta from the Hush Sound after, which was pretty cool. We were supposed to meet Allyssa, Liz, and a couple others at Del Taco in the loop, but we couldn't find it, and since it was getting on towards 1, and Kyle was short on gas, we headed home.

Friday night we went to the City Museum, which isn't a museum at all. For those of you not living in St. Louis, I suggest you check this out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Museum
And maybe take the photo tour here. http://www.citymuseum.org/phototour.html
That should give you a better idea of what that night entailed. We had pizza at this place in the city and then got lost on the way home. Long story short, we ended up in south county and almost went to Illinois. No biggie though. Saturday night I went to the mall with my friend Nicole and bought some new jeans from Urban Outfitters. $50. The cost of being awkwardly proportioned. Sunday through Tuesday I spent with my dad in Belleville.

I came home Tuesday night, checked the phone. 16 missed calls. So I call Kyle first, who shouts, "Oh my God! You're alive! I'm coming to get you!" So basically two minutes later he and 8 other people who also thought I was dead are in my kitchen. Meanwhile, I'm just trying to get some pants on. Haha. I got them on, found my cardigan and we went to steak and shake. I had fries. They were delicious. We decided to go to Kelly's next to watch Superbad, but we stopped at Shop N Save first to buy some popsicles for our popsicle eating contest. Outside. 15 degrees. Needless to say, that lasted about 30 seconds before we threw down our popsicles and ran inside. Kyle and Tom stayed over at my house that night and we stayed up till 6:30 watching youtube videos and playing PlayStation 2. We got up around 10 and tried to figure out what to do with our last day of freedom. We ended up going to Kelly's for awhile to finish Superbad and I tried to make her dogs love me. My efforts were futile. We ended up back at my house playing a little 007 and having pizza.

Today was my first day back. My classes aren't too bad, there's only one I really don't like. They're also all fairly easy. That's always a plus. I feel pretty good about this semester. It sucks to be back, but I'm staying optimistic. Tomorrow I'm going to the movies (I really want to see Juno) and possibly to the opening of this photography exhibit (http://flickr.com/photos/toddowyoung/2124803601/) if I can swing it. Are you still reading this? Wow. I love you. Goodbye.

Christopher Michael Tucker.

Song of the day: The Color FredComplaintor
(this should play now.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha thats so much more eventfull then my break. hmm sounds like you had a good time though. happy new year hope your christmas was grrrrrreat like tony the tiger sayss peace

January 3, 2008 at 8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It works.

:D Glad you had a great christmas/new year/holiday period and may that extend throughout the entire year.

Although going back today, by my standards, is excessively early. Have fun with that.

January 3, 2008 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger AE said...

ahh thats so awesome you have friends to hang out and all.
I can even tell you were is such good mood when you wrote this!
happy new year Chris!!!

January 5, 2008 at 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my Chris Tucker had a great time?!
And a LeBaron reference?
This truly is an amazing blog.

I think you've got it kid: "Oh, well. We're teenagers and we're invincible. Duh."

January 6, 2008 at 1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you eat nothing but pizza.

January 7, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home