Thursday, January 24, 2008

January 24, 2008.

Last night, my (great) grandma, Leona Hosfelt died at the hospital of an aneurism. She was 89. I was informed of this while laying in bed this morning. All i said was, "Ok." I didn't feel anything. No great grief, no crying, it all just kind of passed over me, and still hasn't really registered much. I suppose it wasn't really a surprise. She had been sick for awhile, in and out of the hospital a lot, and it's amazing she lasted this long, being a smoker for many years. I'm just glad I had as much time with her as I did. She was an amazing lady and I'm going to miss her more than I can really put into words. My dad always says that the worst thing is that that unique person, their personality, is gone. This is the first time anyone close to me has died, so this is a completely new experience. I guess I don't really know what to do with it. All I can do is write.

I love you, Grandma. I miss you.

Christopher Michael Tucker.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenna Lea said...

I'm so sorry. I'll pray for y'all.

January 24, 2008 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

:(

I'm sorry..

At least she's in a better place now..

I'm not very good with death. I seem to get over it quickly.

January 24, 2008 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

I'm sorry :(
My grandpa died of cancer when I was six...my response was something like "ok" as well...it didn't really hit me until a few days later. I kind of took everything we did together for granted...I was so young and didn't really expect something like that to happen.
Anyway..I'm rambling.
I know it's tough.
I hope you can stay positive.

January 24, 2008 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

I definitely can relate, Chris. My grandma passed away in October, and she was the last of my grandparents. I will pray for you!

January 24, 2008 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger AE said...

ahh Im sorry :(
hang in there buddy.

January 24, 2008 at 11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to comment you forever ago-

so,

sorry about your grandma, that really sucks

and I love your haircut

January 28, 2008 at 10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She was my great grandma also.I miss her dearly.I had just lost my grandma a few weeks earlier.I didn't know her as well as I wished I did but I loved her so much.My dad called me and told me and I just kind of went silent.I knew it was coming but I wasn't expecting it so soon.--Nikki C.

March 31, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home