Saturday, May 17, 2008

Encircle me. I need to be taken down.

I'm glad I chose to go to Radiohead. Really glad. It was epic, as expected. 25 songs, two encores, insane lighting. Just awesome. I never really hated them, and all they did was gain more of my respect via the live show. Their brand of atmospheric rock works a million times better live, as compared to the repetition of the records. I almost didn't get to go, and ended up getting a face value lawn seat from a guy who had an extra. I got to hang out with my friend Mark for a few minutes before the show, so that was nice. A lot of people were smoking pot. That's about all there was to smell before, during, and after the show. Yeah. That's about it. Thom Yorke's band is alright in my book. And he sure dances well. Here's the setlist for Radiohead, May 14, in St. Louis, Missouri, if anyone cares.

01. All I Need
02. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
03. Airbag
04. 15 Step
05. Nude
06. Kid A
07. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
08. The Gloaming
09. You And Whose Army?
10. Idioteque
11. Faust Arp
12. Videotape
13. Everything In Its Right Place
14. Reckoner
15. Optimistic
16. Bangers and Mash
17. Bodysnatchers

encore 1:
18. Exit Music (For A Film)
19. Myxomatosis
20. My Iron Lung
21. There There
22. Fake Plastic Trees

encore 2:
23. Pyramid Song
24. House of Cards
25. Paranoid Android

While at Radiohead, a close friend of mine was given some pot by a few of her friends who showed up at the amphitheatre. She smoked it and laid down for almost the entire set. It was sad to see. She has since apologized, and I don't hold any of that against her. Then Thursday night, another close friend called me and told me the story of how two of her best friends locked her in a closet and forced her to smoke weed for the first time. This made me so angry. I had a good mind to just call the girl that second and yell at her for being such an idiot. I mean, really. We as kids, have a hard enough time staying on track with our lives as it is. We need support from our friends. We don't need them tempting us or forcing us to partake in things that are going to hurt us. The pitiful excuses for friends I've seen lately just frustrate me a lot. They make me angry, they make me sad. It's as if one of my friends would come to me pouring out their heart about difficulty they'd been having in their lives, and how they were becoming suicidal, and rather than offering them the best advice I could muster, along with a hug, I'd just hand them a gun. Stupid. Ridiculous. I wish I could do more to help people. I wish I could at least write better. I think I got the point across well enough, at least.

Another failure of a Friday yesterday. I was supposed to go out to Ballwin to hang out with Mark and Hope, play some Early November songs, check out his home studio, and maybe watch "At Home With Saddle Creek." But Hope had to work a double shift, so I had no ride, since my mom was out in O'Fallon with a friend. No worries, I thought. Kyle, Tom, and Tricia were planning on going to see Narnia. I'll just do that. I called and let them know I'd be going, and they said they'd call when it was time to do stuff. After an hour and a half or so of watching Tegan and Sara DVD stuff, it had gotten to be seven, and I called to see what was up. Apparently, they were at Kyle's, and he couldn't leave his house. I was told to just "get a ride," to which I responded not too politely. I knew my weekend had just slipped away in the course of a few hours. Everything I worked for this week was for naught. In about an hour, I'm leaving to go to dad's. I'll be back Sunday night. I've got like 5000 weekend minutes, so feel free to give me a call sometime.

Christopher Michael Tucker

Thrice- "Come All You Weary"
I'm glad they got to play this one on Conan. Simple. Powerful.
Oh, to those reading on facebook, I post videos for these songs every time, but for whatever reason, the HTML doesn't transfer from the original post. Sorry.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heatherrr said...

I'm glad you enjoyed Radiohead. Seriously, I am. The Graduate played quite well, except the vocals were incredibly hard to hear. Also, 1997 dropped from the show, and I stood outside in the hail. I'm sorry all of your plans just keep falling downhill. I went through that sort of phase for a while myself, and the best advice I can give you is to just wait it out because you'll eventually find people who care enough about you to not "forget" or leave you stranded.

I swear I will update my blog someday. Probably Wednesday during the daytime since I won't have school. :]

May 17, 2008 at 10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you had a good time

and the whole "daily youtube video" is great and everything but when in the hell are you going to put up the video I've been bugging you about for....oh, ummm...I don't know...months!

May 18, 2008 at 12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha, I will try out my thought, your post get me some good ideas, it's truly amazing, thanks.

- Thomas

October 13, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home