Monday, May 12, 2008

All the girls pose the same for pictures.

I did go to our show of course, if you were wondering. I ended up singing on all our songs, minus the two originals we did, which I haven't gotten down yet. We played first, since the first band didn't show, and got a good 45 minutes in. We played Ever So Sweet (The Early November), Sunday Drive (TEN), Soco Amaretto Lime (Brand New), The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows (BN), Our two originals which are still untitled, and Say It Ain't So (Weezer), which ended up being a mistake. We got plenty of requests (Pantera, the mandatory Free Bird call, etc.) but didn't play any of that stuff. Just stuck to the script, so to speak.

The best part was probably our on stage banter. I guess you'd have to be there to really get it, but take my word for it, we were regular Chris Tuckers up there. I even dedicated a song to our new friend Jeff Fox(worthy) who cheered for us after every song. What a good dude. After the show, we walked back to the car for awhile, and then decided to play in front of Vintage Vinyl for fun and potential cash. We basically played our set over, plus a few more covers (blink-182, another weezer, etc.). We didn't make much, but we got an offer to play in front of an abandoned church. So I guess that's cool? The greatest part was, we were sitting there under the awning just jamming and having a good time while it just poured down raining. It was beautiful. No other way to put it.

Sunday was mother's day, and I hung out with my mom and grandma and grandpa. Party! Okay, so not really, but it was alright. They got a new fountain and it looks and sounds like a woman urinating. Awkward. The day ended well I guess. Today was a mundane school day. Nothing more to report from here. I did have a good idea for a song to write today, on the bus of all places! And now I can't remember it. Schucks. I see the Graduate (the band, not the movie) tomorrow night! Excited! That is all.

Christopher Michael Tucker.

The Format- "Dog Problems"
I listened to this song at least 20 times today, no exaggeration. Give a listen, for real.

3 Comments:

Blogger lexidoodleellis said...

the same thing happened to me on sunday


good song idea...

no pen, no paper

....

it flew right out of my mind..

:[


i tried to write it the next day but it ended up horrible! and i thought it was one of my favorites yet...

that teaches me no matter what, if i think im on to something.. WRITE IT DOWN!

how many times will i loose a good song?

alexis

May 12, 2008 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Amanda Gelso said...

Where's that show at?
Call me tomorrow, we can discuss it.
:]

May 12, 2008 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

I never got to see the format live, and now I never will. boohoo. I was blasting their music through my ipod on the bus earlier today. I love doing that.

Are there any videos of the songs you guys covered up on youtube or anything? Cause I'm kinda curious to hear how those sounded.. Those were all great songs to chose.

May 12, 2008 at 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home