Wednesday, June 4, 2008

If hope is a dangerous hole, will you join me?

Here's what's been happening in my life. I hung out with one of my best friends, Victoria Keller a few days ago. We went to the mall. It ended up being a really good night actually. We got sodas and talked about feelings and coexisting with other people and were very honest. I feel this was very healthy, as I got some things off my chest I don't feel I could have talked with other people about. We also played a bunch of arcade games at TILT and got enough tickets for a kite. So I now have two summer goals. Grow a beard, fly a kite.

I went to the Honda Civic Tour on Friday. All the bands sounded really good actually. I got fairly close to the front, thanks to my friend Rachel arriving at the venue at 6 in the morning. I also got to see Phantom Planet and the Hush Sound acoustic at Vintage Vinyl before, which was lovely. All around it was a pretty good day. I met some new people, saw some good bands, danced, got a text message up on the big screen (Chris Tucker, will you marry me? <3Brendon Urie). I didn't get to see my friends Hope and Allyssa due to the excessive rain, even though they were at the show. The rain also put a few of the people I was with on edge. Minus all that nonsense, things were pretty good.

A couple days ago, me and some friends attempted to have a big glowstick rave party thing at the park at night. The location of the thing got moved, not too many people showed, and most of those that did were the wrong people, if you get my drift. I had a quick aside explaining my upcoming actions to a few people there I care about, and then took off with Rachel, Heather, and Molly. They drove from Illinois for this thing, and I felt they deserved better than the crap that was going down at the time. We ended up going to Steak 'N Shake and talking for a couple hours. It was a nice time, really. I think the evening was saved, if only a little.

Yesterday and today thus far have been filled with lots of nothing. It's sad, seeing as how tomorrow is the first day of summer school. Add that to my friend Mark and me discussing the affects of drugs on people in our lives, and you've got one sad kid. This stuff makes me think a lot of weird things. Example.

"Sometimes I wish I could just leave this world. I mean nothing suicidal by this. I just think it would be blissful to float in space or in some other dimension in silence, and in peace. I think if I could, I would stretch out to the point that all the sun's rays would be absorbed into me, and I would become a warm, floating mass, completely content, absolved of the corruption and sadness of typical human life, completely unconscious and happy."

I have no idea where these ideas come from or if you understand the feeling I'm trying to portray. All I know is that this dream is very visible and nearly in reach in my mind, and that in itself, makes me feel a little better.

Christopher Michael Tucker

Go download a free record at weareempires.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the boy from Tilt yesterday on the Rock Rd. Both of our windows were down and he yelled,
"You're the girl from Tilt!"

I meant to tell you.
Small world, eh?

June 4, 2008 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger AE said...

you think some interesting thoughts!

July 11, 2008 at 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home