Monday, July 21, 2008

Watch him as he goes.

Hello. How are you today? I'm fine, thank you. Life is fresh and new and exciting and fun. I'm not traveling all over the country following Warped Tour and making appearances on FUSE like a couple of my friends (lucky jerks), but summer is going well. I wasted a good 4 weeks on summer school, but I'm doing the best with what I have left. Here's what's going on as of late.

I read a book the other day, Killing Yourself To Live by Chuck Klosterman.

Klosterman, who is a writer for Spin Magazine, spends 18 days driving across the country, visiting the death sites of countless rock stars, from Buddy Holly to Ronnie Van Zant. He does drugs with strangers, compares the women in his life to the members of KISS, and discovers his own (unhealthy) fascination with death. Honestly, nothing is accomplished or learned during his trip, but Klosterman's wit and impressive knowledge of rock 'n roll make this a great read.

I saw a free Steel Train show downtown on Friday night. I love that band. Unfortunately, the area in front of the stage was sectioned off and full of seats for those lucky few with "credentials." I really need to get one of those. Also unfortunate was the lack of classy people in attendance. Mostly it was drunken idiots, dancing horribly, and shouting at the band. I think the worst thing I heard was "Go back to the subways!" (Steel Train started playing acoustic in the subways of New York. The emcee told the crowd this before they went on stage.) Regardless, the band was great, and I got to see my good friend Victoria Keller for the first time in awhile, so the night was pretty good. It ended with me watching "Garden State" for the first time. Not a great plot, but the film is shot well, has plenty of cute and funny moments, and the soundtrack is sick, as I'm sure you well know. The movie's still growing on me.

Yesterday was quite the hectic day. It was fun, though. First was church, which we left early to make the Cardinals game. Which was hot. Like, surface of the sun hot. And of course, I had good seats for once, right in the sun. And of course, the game went long. It ended up being worth it though, Aaron Miles walk off grand slam in the bottom of the ninth. It was ridiculous. I was delusional and just happy for the game to be over. So it was back to Bridgeton to clean up and get ready to fight some Foo.

Dave Grohl is a rock god if I've ever seen one. He is such a dude. I know no other way to put it. He commands attention like no one else I've ever seen. In case you haven't figured it out, The Foo Fighters show was great. A little long, but well worth it. Hope and I didn't have great seats, but we moved down to the lower teer of seats next to a few friends of Hope's mom. These seats were still far away, but not for long. About midway through the show, a giant platform was lowered from the ceiling, right in front of where we were sitting. Grohl and company proceeded to strut over to us, and play a nice long acoustic set up close.
Foo Fighters
This portion of the show might have been my favorite. They played "My Hero" acoustic. Hearing the thousands belting it out right along with DG gave me chills. All in all, it was a sweet show.

Life rules right now. Hope you can say the same. See ya.

Christopher Michael Tucker.


This is actually a clip from an Australia show, but this is basically what it was like last night. Amazing.

1 Comments:

Blogger meg said...

don't hate da playa
hate da game

July 29, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home